Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Down and Dirty 2009 Top Five - #5


#5 - The Thrift Store!
Okay, this is a bit of a cheat as well (see #3), but hear me out - the thrift store gets my vote for the number five slot because it has been a life saver for me when I needed furniture for my Tonner sized dolls, and there wasn't anything reasonably priced (or anything at all!); it helped me find the Madeline refrigerator that now resides in the Generation Girls house; I found "Princess of the Portugeuse Empire" for $2.50; I've found tons of the little knickknack paddy whacks that end up in my dolly dioramas, as well as Barbie houses for CHEAP (a house that cost over a hundred bucks one year retail can be found the next year at a thrift store for only twenty - OR LESS, if it's discount day); I found the Barbie Airplane I wanted; and digging down through a plethora of blonde, tangled haired Barbies one day, I found the Aaron Carter doll I'd been coveting for only 99 cents!

And let's not talk about all the things I've found for ME there, shall we?

Sing it with me - "I love you thrift store... oh, yes I do... I don't love anyone... as much as yooooo..."

(BTW, that's not my thrift store up there in the pic. I'm not crazy enough as to share all my secrets! Hah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment