Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Down and Dirty 2009 Top Five - #3!





#3 - Tonner Doll Company!

Okay, this is a little bit of a cheat, since Esme and Sydney were purchased in 2008, and Marley and Matt were purchased off a doll board. But for the second year in a row, Tonners were the ONLY 16 inch dolls that I purchased.

Why: They're affordable. It's easy to find an attractive Tonner on the secondary market - and even on the primary market: Russell came from the Tonner store online for $54 including shipping. Sure he only came clad in his trunks, but I got a Tonner tee shirt pack for $20 bucks when I bought him and it had a shirt for him AND Matt. Sheesh, there are Fashion Royalty dolls that you can't get all that for $74 bucks!

Okay, finding clothes for bigger dolls can be hard, but I've managed. Oversized doll clothes from Dollar Tree and dog sweatshirts from Target on clearance and Teddy Bear sweaters from Michael's for Esme, Sydney, Matt and Russell, and Barbie and Ken clothes for Marley. And see #5 about finding furniture for them. But that's beside the point...

The main reason I like the Tonner dolls - they're PLAYABLE! You can have FUN with them! Look at my pics I posted - the dolls are like real people with real lives. They're not haughty fashion dollies with nothing to do but pose all day long (although, to be fair, they have THOSE dolls too in the Tonner line. And I can't say I don't have those dollies too - see #2.)

But come on - my dolls are outside having a good time! And that's why I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment